What’s the mystery blogger award?
a la the creator…
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging. And they do it with so much love and passion.”
This, the second Mystery Blogger Award to my credit and it was bestowed upon me by the wonderful Shawna at wholeheartyhappy. She has been kind enough to acknowledge my blog once again, it’s been crazy as of late with these “tip of the hat compliments” to my writing and I can’t give enough thanks. The compliments keep coming and it keeps motivating me to keep up with more content. For her graciousness, do yourself a favor and check out wholeheartyhappy and leave a like, follow and comment.
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules of the award.
- Thank the person/blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog .
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Nominate bloggers
- Share the link(s) to your best post(s)
3 things about myself to share with my readers:
1. Just this month my fiancé and I, Trixie, celebrated our 16th anniversary, she’s been an huge supporter of my blog and anything really when it comes to my creative side plus she tolerates my really bad jokes which by now has made her eligible for sainthood.
2. Pretty stoked that I recently entered a national poetry contest and will find out in a few months how I do. Fingers crossed, actually everything crossed.
3. Almost drowned in a pool once until I stood up, lol, two girls had pushed me under at a water park on the waterside. I panicked and went under and stayed under, I thought I was drowning. I thrashed and thrashed until finally, I heard someone say “stand up”, it was not my finest moment.
What are the answers to the questions from Shawna?
Q1: If you could have any profession, what would it be?
A1: I think for me, I would want to be a full time writer. I know I’m blowing smoke like that would happen but since this is all hypothetical, if I could write all day and night and get paid to support my family then that would certainly be what I would choose to do.
Q2: Is there anything about your blog that you would change?
A2: I am always looking for ways to change my blog, it’s evolved quite a bit since I started already but sometimes I take a step back and wonder how I can maybe add some elements that my readers would want to see. So suggestions?
Q3: What is your favorite book, movie, or song? Why?
A3: I wrote in another post that my favorite book is “The Book of Awesome – by Neil Pasricha” and it was because when I started to read his book, it read as if I had wrote it myself, I loved it and no matter when I read it, it made me feel, well…”awesome”. My favorite movie is tough, don’t really have one but gun to my head i’d go with “Christmas Vacation” for a lot of reasons.
Q4: Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
A4: Master of the pan flute.
Q5: What is your favorite food?
A2: Too many but one is “oatmeal raisin cookies”
By the way, I understand that not everyone participates in these awards, so absolutely no pressure. I tell you what, just pay if forward with a like, comment, or a follow.
Give these nominees a look, so many to choose from but here’s a few…
- cries from an unkempt garden;
- Here in the Silence;
- Orlando Espinosa;
- Ricardo Sexton;
- The Naga;
- A Mind;
- follow your arrow; and
- Sparky Jen “No Beating Around the Bush Allowed!
I’m off to clear out my draft section, thanks for reading.