Wow, this certainly comes as a pleasant surprise. It’s been a long time now since I have received an achievement like this, and it’s actually one of two. Yes, last week seems to have been a good week for Earth to Ash. I talk all the time about viewership and how much I appreciate my followers, but this is something totally different. This is something that not only validates the hard work I put into Earth to Ash, but it also reinforces my confidence in the type of content I choose to share. Bottom line, it’s just nice to be recognized. Leslie over at Inside the Satchel popped by the other day to give me the heads up that she had nominated me. I’m flattered by her gesture and delighted that she felt my blog worthy enough for such high regard. Thanks, Leslie, it really made my day. Do me a favour people, pop on over to her blog via the above link and see what she’s up to and give her content a read.
Segueing into the other aspect of this award. Below, you will find answers to questions that were asked of me and the other nominations by Leslie and I just hope I have somewhat interesting answers. No promises.
- In a world full of known and unknown forces, what do you think truly makes the world go round?
Wow, tough question right out of the gate. Pains me to say this, but I think it’s money that makes the world go around. Slave to the money, then you die – the Verve.
- What irks you the most?
People who complain about their physical or mental health and do nothing to change it.
- You were given a chance to replay a certain moment in your life. What would it be?
At this stage of my life and given my current relationship with my daughter, it would have to be any moment that includes her.
- What do you hope never changes?
My sense of humour.
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
Usually, it’s for advice. I have been told that I am a good listener and someone who can be trusted when confided in. I just generally like helping others.
- What was the best ever present you’ve received?
Nothing really. I appreciate everything that has been given to me, but I am yet to be blown away by a gift. I am a very modest person and came from a very modest upbringing. There is not much that I long for in life. I’m typically too worried about others to ever care about what makes me happy.
- Mention 3 small sources of happiness. E.g. popping bubble wraps
The feel of a new pen;
A brand new book to read; and
Peeling plastic off a new electronic device.
- Do you like surprises? Why? Why not?
Never been surprised in my life. Well, not my conscience years at least. I’m sure as a child I was surprised with birthdays and whatnot, but nothing in my adult life. To answer the question, I don’t mind surprises if it were to happen.
- If you would be eating one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ready for a boring answer? If it were only one thing for the rest of my life, it would without a doubt be my grandmothers corned beef hash. I know right, but that’s my answer and my own personal comfort food.
- What is you ideal date?
- Your life is being made into a movie. What’s the title?
Kiss My Ash!!
Paying it forward, here are my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Finally, here’s my questions posed to above noted nominations that I feel are deserving of the Sunshine Blogger Award. Oh, there is a disclaimer on this as well. I know it’s hard enough to keep up wit your regular posting schedule, so feel free to take part at your own discretion. I know there are some who like these sort of posts and there are those that just don’t have the time. I will take absolutely no offense if you choose to just accept my nomination as a tip of the hat to your wonderful blogs. Kudos to having a great blog.
My questions are:
- If you could travel to one place in the world for inspiration, where would it be?
- If you wrote a book, or something in your genre to produce a book, who would receive the first copy and why?
- What’s your earliest memory of writing something?
- Besides writing, what’s another passion of yours?
- You’re in the middle of nowhere, you pull up to a red light. The light seems to be taking forever. You don’t see a soul for miles, do you run the light? Yes or No?
OK, that’s it for me on this one. There is another one of these awards posts coming up in the next day or two, so stay tuned!!!!